The Future of Managing Solid Waste & Energy Recovery
Our Layered Approach
Recover, Regenerate & Restore
- Allows us to achieve our key objectives:
- Generate economic growth
- Create jobs
- Reduce environmental impact
- Directs materials in the waste stream to their highest and best use
- It is a path to increase growth and profitability
- It will add jobs. Waste management jobs are living wage jobs
- Use of emerging and essential enabling technologies that are maturing and scaling fast
Layer 1 - Organix Co-CollectionTM & Robotic Sorting Solution
This includes implementation of the Organix Co-Collection program, robotic sorting equipment, and installation at a transfer station.
Layer 2 - Materials Recovery Facility (MRF)
Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) is processed in a Material Recovery Facility (MRF) that is designed to recover smaller organic matter (think of the discarded apple core!) in addition to traditional recyclables.
Layer 3 - BurCell® System Technology
An disruptive technology, the BurCell® System will recover the organic and non-recycled paper waste fraction of the waste stream producing a processed engineered feedstock (PEF).
Layer 4 - Highest Value Use of Processed Engineered Feedstock (PEF)
- 25% of the 56% of the solid waste stream classified as Organic Matter will be captured - allowing for additional capacity and improved efficiencies for other downstream processing and RDF facilities
- BurCell® System captures the other 42% of valuable organic matter that would otherwise be destined to the landfill
- Meets Class 1 compost standard, suitable for soil remediation projects or soil amendment